Thursday, February 04, 2010

February already!

This weekend is winter camp. I'm taking 8 3-5th graders up to Alpine for the weekend. I'm very excited to do this, and hoping that the weather reports are correct and we get some snow on Saturday. For my desert kids, this is HUGE! Pray for safe travels, tons of fun and possibly some sleep for me and the other two adults going. Last winter I went to the Jr. High winter camp to help out and we had a TON of snow! Here to hoping for the same for my kids.

Also, this morning I got a tweet on my phone that the suspense was FINALLY over and the results were in for my friend Tabitha's Blog contest. I click the link on my phone, I couldn't watch the video because my husband who was still sleeping next to me would have been grumpy. I didn't need to, apparently, I WON the blog portion of the giveaway! *celebration dance* It was a fun way to start my morning, and I'm excited for the book (one that has been and Starbucks card that comes with it! Thanks Tab (do you even go by that anymore?) for a cool giveaway contest, and picking me! Perhaps I should try a giveaway sometime to smoke out some of the people who are secretly reading this blog, yes, I'm talking to you...

On a completely separate note, I can't believe that it is already February! I mean, wasn't it just Christmas like 2-3 weeks ago? Time this month has flown past me and has made me realize that I have not been intentional with my time. I can't name one thing that I did that was significant in the last month. I need to be better at that, well that and many other things. Here is to a new month, a new day and continuing the process of being better.

No comments: