Friday, February 05, 2010

There is something about a challenge

There is something about a challenge. Something about wanting to excel, wanting to push yourself beyond limits. I for one, love a challenge. When I see one, it feels like I have a chance to prove myself. Why do I love to prove myself? I really don't know, but I know that when I am presented with a challenge I try to rise above it with grace and strength.

How I wish I was always full of grace and strength. There are times when challenges seem so big, all I want to do is run from them. Why is that? It is because I am afraid that I will fail, and prove to myself and the world that I am not cut out to do what I do.

What is the difference between a challenge and a really big challenge? I have no idea. In my head, there are some things that are so big, I feel as if I could never accomplish them and any challenge feels discouraging in that area. Yet, another challenge presents it's self that is in all reality bigger than a discouraging one, and for some reason, it sparks a fire under me that makes me want to rise up and succeed in a big way.

While I do not know what the actual difference is, I know that I can control one thing about it. My attitude. I can choose to see the challenge as too big, or one that is a mere small hurdle. If I chose to take the second route, how much more often would I succeed in all the little challenges life brings my way?

No comments: