Monday, February 22, 2010

Silly Sheets


Last night I realized something, as a girl, when you get married, you lose your "cute sheets". Growing up I have ALWAYS had a cute bed set. When I was four, it was this really pretty flower/shell pattern (can any one say HELLO 80's?), then I became obsessed with Hawaii when I was about 6 and my parents got me a bright fish bed set, that I loved.

Then in middle school I got the daybed of my dreams, and got a very pretty daybed set (I wasn't
to fond of it, even though I liked it, it was just that I wanted leopard). After years of begging my mom, she FINALLY let me get a leopard bet set and I was in heaven!

Then before college she made me get a new bed set, insisting I couldn't take my leopard with me. That lasted less than a semester, I keep my leopard bed set until I got married. Then came the boring plain sheets. I LOVE my husband, but he has NO taste. He REFUSES to let me have any sort of flowers (which ok, I get), or "fancy" design on our bed. So we have solid and plaid sheets. BORING! I love being married and sleeping each night with my hubby, but please can a girl get some cute sheets instead of just solid or plaid???

No comments: