Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Friendships

I have been thinking about friendships lately, and maybe some of you have it all figured out, but I sure don't! First let me say that this IS NOT a dig at anyone, nor am I tying to point fingers at friends and "guilt trip" them. I am just simple sharing my heart, and thoughts on the matter.

I am in an odd position when it comes to friends. You see, I have moved back to the town I grew up in, so some of my friends from high school are still around, others are not. The ones whom I talk to and still hang with, (and still love dearly) are different now than they were back in the day. Thats ok, but it just feels different.

I have tons of great friends from college but I feel as if I'm "out of sight out of mind" with many of them. We still talk, stay connected and I honestly love each of them dearly, and it is partly on me for not calling/texting/insert your favorite form of communication as much as I should, but they aren't here sitting with me in this starbucks. We aren't living life together anymore, because of how far away we are.

I have a ton of amazing coworkers, some of whom I hang out with out of the office, some whom I don't simply because of the age/life stage difference. I am the youngest on staff, so it can make friendships have a totally different dynamic.

I have a Life Group which is an amazing community who would do anything for me, as I would for them. We meet each week for intentional time together, and support each other in everything each of us is going through in life.

Even with all of this, I feel as if I'm missing a good group of girls to have a girls night with once a month. A serious, chickflick watching, chocolate face stuffing, facial/mani/pedi, giggling girls night. All of us needs a group of girls to do this with, and I haven't done this (save one all girl b-day party, which was wonderful but totally different) at all since I have been married.

All this to say, I have amazing friends, but due to schedules, distance, life stages, etc I feel disconnected and need a girls night!

No comments: