Friday, February 12, 2010

A dream come true...



If you know me, you probably know that I am a HUGE Disney fan. I grew up on Disney movies and TV (back when you had to pay extra for the cable channel), I had an anual pass to The Park (aka Disneyland) from 7th grad til after I graduated college and I even worked at Disneyland for a bit. Disney is my happy place, and on October 24th, 2009, a dream came true. I got to go here:

If you don't know what Club 33 is, let me enlighten you. Walt built it over looking New Orleans square as a place to bring executives and have meetings while you are in Disneyland. There is a dress code, and it is the ONLY place in Disneyland where you can be served alcohol. Apart from the extra Disney magic, a membership to this exclusive place will cost you more than a pretty penny. We are talking more than most people's car per year. Mostly big corporations buy memberships, and use it as a perk for the higher ups. Getting in is a BIG deal, at least to me. It is on my "bucket list" as some would say. On top of getting a great meal, you got a FREE ticket to Disneyland, even though the meal cost more than the ticket.
Since I now live 90 miles away from Disneyland, this day trip mean getting up early, and coffee when we got up their. I tried to document this trip the best I could but even though pictures are supposed to say 1,000 words, I don't think all the pictures combined could describe my feelings about that day.


We entered in the lobby, and it was better than I could imagine, we got to take an old "lift" up to the second floor. We then entered and got to enjoy lunch looking out over New Orleans square. Aside from the food being the BEST EVER, the desert bar was amazing as well

It was such and amazing experience, and a true dream come true. We even got a hat to remember the trip by, as well as being able to spend an afternoon in The Parks.



Below was my FAVORITE picture that I have ever seen of Walt. It is in Club 33 amongst the other Disney wonders there. It is a painting of Walt in 33 having breakfast looking over the park. Sorry for the glare, I tried really hard to get a good picture of it.

6 comments:

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

This is freaking great!

Ashley said...

Thanks Chelsea, it was an amazing experience.

katie virginia said...

that is soooo cool!!!! i'm totally jealous! going there is definitely on my "bucket list" as well. how fun for you guys! :)

Ashley said...

Katie,
Thanks! I wish I could come up with better words to describe it, or to explain what it meant to me. I am a HUGE Disney person. :)

Jennifer Miller said...

Its on my bucket list too.. When ever i see people with the 33 hats or ears. I found you on my Disney group on 20SB.

Ashley said...

Jennifer, I think it is on most peoples, well anyone who is a Disney lover. :)