Friday, February 19, 2010

Weekend Fun

There are many things that I would like to do, but do not posses the talent or know how for. One of these secret ambitions is to be an antique dealer. To discover treasures in others junk that they are just going to throw away. To set up a cute conner in a few shops and watch all of the junk turn into $ before my very eyes. My love of antiques developed at a very early age. My parents have lots of fabulous antique furniture, glass, dolls, books etc lying around the house. Growing up I used to look at all of that stuff and imagine what it would be like to have played with the dolls or to drink out of the shirley temple glasses.



Whenever my grandparents are in town its guaranteed that we go antique shopping. Last weekend was no exception, and we had a great time! My grandparents collect a specific depression glass called stretch glass, it was made in the 1920-1940's and is era-decent and looks like it has stretch marks on it (I think I know a bit too much about this type of glass, so I'm going to shut up and get on to the point of this post). It is always fun scouring the crammed corners looking for it. Eventually I want to be a collector... that is when I have the money for it. I found this phone at one of the shops, and I wanted it SOOOO bad, too bad it had a $175 price tag on it. Oh well, maybe some day when I'm rich and famous (yeah right!) I will have my Disney collectables.

No comments: