Wednesday, November 03, 2010

It's day 3!


Well so far it has appeared that I have made it to day 3, still very pregnant but alive and well enough to blog about something that has bothered me for a few weeks. A few weeks ago, I was skimming my google reader, and stumbled across a picture that broke my heart and wreaked me in more ways than one. I couldn't believe it, so I tested it out for myself and sure enough it is true. Here is the picture:

Test it out for your self. (or go to the link the here to see more). Go to google, and start typing in the phrase, "why are Christians..." See what you come up with. This KILLS ME.
Why doesn't it say Christians are happy? We have the most reason to be!
Why doesn't it say Christians are loving? Aren't we called to show love to others in radical ways?
Why doesn't it say Christians are different? Shouldn't we be living in a way that makes others ask that question?

As Christians we have been labeled; "stupid", "judgmental", "mean", "hateful" etc. THIS SHOULD NOT BE. It breaks my heart that this is the popular opinion of us. For the non-Christians out there who have formed this opinion of us, I am truly sorry from the bottom of my heart, this is not what my faith is about. For all of my brothers and sisters in Christ, I challenge you to shine your light in a different way, and I leave you with this scripture:

"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:13-16 (NIV)

No comments: