Saturday, November 06, 2010

100 things about me #21-40

21. I have lived in Southern California my entire life. Born in the OC, raised in the Palm Springs area, went to college in LA and now living back in the desert.

22. If you don't count layovers for international flights, I have never been to the east coast.

23. Growing up I had protective parents. I still to this day have not seen the movie Titanic, and pretty much most PG-13 movies that came out before I was 16.

24. Many Saturday mornings growing up, my parents would take us garage sale shoping. We usually got a dollar or two to spend. Let me tell you that dollar or two can go a long way when toys and books are $.10 0 $.25 a piece!

25. Some weekends we would ride our bikes to the local donut shop, less than a mile from our house. The only problem was this huge hill we live up. Going to the shop was easy, until I was 10 I had to get off my bike and walk it or have my dad help push me because I couldn't petal up the hill.

26. When I was in fist grade, my parents gave us an early Christmas present. The week before Thanksgiving, we got a Golden Retriever. Best gift ever!

27. I was in some sort of choir from Kindergarten until 5th grade. Then nothing, I think I realized that I can't really sing.

28. In elementary school I had a ton of extra curricular activities. I played tennis 2-3 days a week, I took piano lessons, played volleyball, did Awana's and participated in school plays. I was one busy kid.

29. Growing up, I thought that my house was the coolest. I still do.

30. When I was in 1st grade, I got the coolest fish bed spread. It was Hawaiian and had amazing colors in it. My dad painted my baseboards a hot pink color and matched it to my blinds. It was pretty awesome.

31. I always thought I was going to die before high school. I don't know why, but I really had that feeling growing up. It was really weird, and totally morbid. I even mentioned it multiple times in diaries.

32. I loved my birthday parties growing up. My parents always did amazing themes, games and cakes. It was totally AWESOME.

33. When I was in 5th grade, my elementary school got uniforms.

34. In middle school, one of my favorite teachers was the teacher everyone hated. She could be mean, but that was only if you didn't do your work and gave her attitude. I will totally admit to being teacher pet and always going above and beyond in her class. I also learned a lot doing that.

35. I wanted to be a teacher for almost as long as I can remember.

36. I was a total fish growing up. I spent the entire summer in the pool swimming, and loved it.
37. I will admit that I collected American Girl dolls until I was well into high school. I am so sad that they are retiring my favorites, but thankful I have them so that someday any daughters I have can play with them.

38. Vacations for us growing up were car trips to far away places, and involved many hours in the car cramped next to my brother. I loved it, and all of the many memories we have because of it.

39. My brother and I spend endless hours building empires out of blankets, furniture, books and sheets. I only wish we had pictures of the epic forts that we constructed in our living room and backyard.

40. Growing up I wanted to be a missionary and live in a far away country. No this does not conflict with #35, it was part of it.

No comments: