Friday, November 05, 2010

100 Things about me #1-20


Since my 100 blog post is coming up, which I feel is a shame considering I have been writing on this thing for 5 years now (oops!), I am going to be sharing with you all 100 random things about me. Some are silly others are serious and most likely more than you would like to know. But I feel that this will help any of the readers who do read this, connect with me better. I will post #100 as my 100th blog post. Here is #1-20:

1. I love reading but hardly get or even make the time to do so. One of my favorite ways to read is to have my wonderful hubby read out loud to me. It is the best!

2. I love cooking and baking, but hate doing the dishes and feeling "trapped" in the kitchen.

3. I love desserts. I mean LOVE them. Way more than any girl should

4. I love traveling. If I had a ton of spendable money, I would use it to see the world and experience new cultures and ways of life.

5. I love my alma matter Biola University. I am so thankful for the time I spent there, the things I learned and the relationships I made

6. I hate that I am lazy about things. No really, I'm super lazy about things I shouldn't be and it bugs me, but I'm too lazy to do anything about it.

7. I hate that I am so far away from many of my dearest friends. It is hard to have heart to hearts over the phone.

8. I hate that I suck at finishing things. I'm really good at starting projects, or having awesome ideas but the follow through is something that I need major improvement on.

9. I hate that I am not challenging myself enough. This is mostly due to numbers 6 & 8 above. But it is so true. I need to be challenged by others its like if I don't have some big motivation I don't care.

10. I hate that I have dumb addictions to things. They are seemingly little things, but I really can't seem to stop doing them. They aren't bad either, so I have practically no motivation to do so, but still it bugs me.

11. I am generally a happy person.

12. I tend to look at all of the problems and reasons things can't be, before I see solutions or ways around them.

13. I have the privilege of having one of the most amazing jobs on the planet.

14. I am excited to start my new journey of being a mommy, but mostly scared. Not because I don't feel qualified or like I'm going to fail. It is just the weight of realizing that a little one is going to be dependent on me for EVERYTHING. It is a sobering and slightly horrifying but wonderful though.

15. I have a horrible habit of telling white lies. Stupid things that don't matter at all, but I do it and I'm really not sure why, I really am trying to stop myself.

16. I am living in my home town. The place I swore that when I grew up, I would NEVER live. Life is funny like that.

17. I have an inner-monologue going on in my head pretty much at all times. Occasionally I will catch myself saying it out loud, typically at the grocery store, where I get many funny looks then realize I am saying it out loud.

18. I feel like a failure most of the time. I know that I am not, but still sometimes I can't shake the feeling that somethings or someone would be better with out me.

19. I want to actually succeed in some of my goals this year for once.

20. I am a sports fan. I enjoy watching baseball and basketball. I can't stand football (either version). My favorite sport to watch though is beach volleyball.

No comments: