Monday, September 12, 2005

Worship

I am guilty, actually we all are. Yet God is faithful, He is soo worthy to be praised. How is it that we spend our days doing things that don't involve Him at all? For some reason I can't seem to figure it out. Everything we do could be worship unto God, but it isn't. He is so worthy of our praise, and so merciful to us. Why do we worship other things. Look at your life, take a good look at it... I'll bet you that there is something in it that you find, "more worthy" than God, and by this I mean you talk constantly about your new beau, you strive to be the richest, you strive to look the best, to have the best things, to have the fastest car, the newest game system, the newest and best whatever. We as humans spend so much of our time doing things, and worrying about things that just don't matter. Should I care about my grades and do my best yes, but does this mean I sacrifice my relationship w/ God to get the A? Can studying be a form of worship? You are what you do... How am I spending my time? As a student of course I'm studying, and hanging out w/ friends, but in how much of this am I praising my Lord and Savior? How much more I could be serving Him! Oh how much more I could be praising Him... yet I don't.... why???
Lord, I want to love you with my whole heart, and I know that in this earth it may or may not be posible, but I want to strive to put you on the throne every singel day of my life, and continue to surrender all to you, surrender everything, even the things that I have not even considered giving to you, I pray that you find them and take them. I am scared because I know that this is going to be hard, but I know that you are faithful and worthy to be praised and you deserve my all. My everything is yours, always. Help me to live each day to love and serve you more than the one before that I might show the world your glory.
In Jesus presious name,
Amen

No comments: