Thursday, September 22, 2005

WARNING LONG DATING RANT:

My responsces and questions raised by these to articles... (read the articals before replying please, it will make more sence)

Interesting article on women dating and still being single
http://www.boundless.org/2005/articles/a0001135.cfm

Defending the previous article
http://www.boundless.org/2005/articles/a0001145.cfm


What is the balance of putting your self in situations where you can possibly get married, while still being continent?

How do you live life being happy where you are and still longing for more?

How do you present your self in today culture as "available and looking" but dependent on the Lord, while keeping yourself from looking like a store window w/ a "Sale" sign on it?

Is it possible to portray yourselves to guys as a girl who is content w/ who she is but wants more, with out scarring a guy away or sending mixed signals?

If you are genuinely around guys that you could see as "potential husbands" and are NEVER asked out by a man, how are you supposed to take this article. (one of my friends has never been asked out, is an AMAZING Christian woman who longs to be married, but has never even come close to having an opportunity)

Why does dating and marriage in the Christian culture today have to be so dang confusing? Why does it have to be that everyone has an option on the subject and there is no end to it. The real problem here is, that there are so many "Christian" ideas out there on how men and women should act, weather it be dating, courtship, women being content as singles and using this "special season" to be more intimate w/ God, women putting themselves in situations where they can get husbands before its too late, men taking the initiative, women taking the initiative…no wonder everyone is confused and no one knows how to act and what to do. I have read tons of Christian dating books that all have a different way of going about this, a different way of viewing scriptures, a different method…. What is with that?

This whole thing is so frustrating to me… I long to be married, but that isn’t where I am right now, and so I need to be content in that. How do I show that I am content in my life right now with out being the two extremes:

1) Acting like "hey guys I'm available"

2) Being "so content" that guys don't want to approach me because they think I'm happy where I am and so why bother?

This is an interesting point and raises interesting questions several which I will ask and hopefully get back to answering these later.

1) what is the balance a Christian woman should have while being content w/ her current life and identity in Christ and showing that she is looking for something more?

2) How should Christian men go about pursuing the opposite sex?

3) How should this "pursuing" take place, and what should it look like?

4) How am I supposed to act as a single woman living in today's society? (ie should I focus on my carrer and hope God brings a man my way? Should I put my self in places I am most likely to find a guy? Should I focus on God, which always should be my focus, but in a more only me and God kind of way. Should I make it known that I am "available and looking? ect)

More to come when I have time later

No comments: