Sunday, September 25, 2005

Please pray

So, God is really awesome. It is so like Him to use my Sunday school lesson to smack me upside the head, and then to really show me at Singspo what He meant. The story today was the tower or babble… and how people thought their plans were better than Gods… We each have our own towers of babble, things that we don't ask God about, and things that we just do with out consulting Him. My line of thought has always been, God I'm serving you, see? Not, Lord, where do you want me to serve you? As far as my current role of service, the church that I'm at needs me, but I'm not sure that is where God wants me… I never really asked Him what He wanted me to do… I just assumed that since the doors were flying open, that I was supposed to go through them and that It was God opening them, I had all these reasons why I should do this internship, things like how good it would look on my resume, the great experience it would be, the coolness of being mentored by someone whom was mentored by my dad. It was nothing like what God was really calling me too. As I am praying for this matter, please pray for discernment in this matter. I would really like for God's will to take place and not mine, for His plans are so much better than I could ever make for myself. I want His will not mine. I really haven't been seeking His will, I have just been being…and living un-dependent on my Lord and Savior. Now I'm not saying that I need to quit my internship, but I really need to sort out if it is what God is wanting for me in my life right now. Also, my home church is currently suffering and I feel a longing to be there and help… Is this from God? Please pray for me as I am praying for God's guidance. Thanks!

Ash

No comments: