Monday, March 08, 2010

Weddings


Wedding season is upon us, We took a break this weekend from moving to attend the first of five weddings over the next few months. This was the wedding of one of my college roomies and good friends Tom and Shelley. I wish I had my camera but some how during the move, it ended up packed. Shelley and I meet freshman year, and hung out a TON, and became friends. Sophomore year, we moved to live in the same dorm on the same floor. Then Junior year we became roomies. We also both started dating seriously within 6ish months of each other. Here we are on one of our double dates Junior year to Knott's Scary Farm (I couldn't find the pic of all four of us, that I KNOW exists somewhere)

Shelley also introduced me to a FABULOUS college group, which I was a part of for most of college. I even when to Kenya with them, here are some of my favorite peps on safari. We were all at the wedding on Saturday (well considering that two where the bride and groom, one the MoH, and another the FoB it makes sense). It was so amazing to see all of these guys again...

Spending Saturday evening with all of these wonderful friends makes me miss living in the OC. It made me miss my Disneyland coffee dates with Suzy, it make me miss giving Shelley and Tom a hard time about playing WOW, it made me miss that special college group and remember all that happened during that time in my life. I am so thankful for all of these friends that God has blessed me with. I am hoping to be able to make it over their more often to visit.

Here is the new Mr. and Mrs. I'm so thankful that both of you have been a part of my life! May God Bless your marriage, as you start your lives together.


Shelley and Tom
Kenya, 2007

Husband and Wife
2010

4 comments:

Dan and Sarah said...

awesome post!!! great to see you too. :) I always feel so sad when I leave the OC these days. So I understand.

Ashley said...

Thanks Sarah! It was so nice to be able to talk to you guys, and be at the same table. I know that you guys are in the same boat, thanks for understanding.

Suzy said...

I agree! Awesome post! We miss you too! I love seeing those Kenya pics.. we had such a great time bonding on that trip :) love ya ash!

Ashley said...

Thanks Suzy! Love you and miss you too! I love looking through the Kenya pics, but it makes me want to go back SOOOOO bad. :)