Sunday, January 16, 2011

This past week, just wow

So this last week was absolutely insane. Honestly, something happened that I never thought would happen in a million years, something that caused the entire week to be emotional on top of having a fever for 2-3 days. Here is the play by play:

Monday: The day was low key as I am still on maternity leave we made a list to go grocery shopping for the week. We didn't make it shopping as my dad ended up picking up my grandma's old couch for us and brought it over. (Score free, awesome couch w/ a pull out bed!). This couch is much nicer than the other two we have, (both are at least 20 years old, but hey they were free). By the time that happened, we didn't have time to go shopping because I had a meeting at work at 4pm to discuss my return from maternity leave as this was to be my last week at home before returning to work. It was in that meeting that the week became emotional. I was told that there were many changes while I was off, one being that my old boss was coming in as the "Family Ministries Coach" to help children's and youth come together and develop us in each of our own ministries. AWESOME! This is something that has been so needed. Then the other shoe dropped. It started w/ letting me know that my salary was staying the same and that again the entire staff was not getting a cost of living raise. (This is the third year that this has happened). Again it was reiterated that my salary was staying the same, but then I was told my job was changing. When I returned from maternity leave, I would no longer be the Pastor of Children's Ministries. The board has requested that I transition into leading Early Childhood only, and become the Pastor of Early Childhood. Lets just say I let them know that I was willing to take the new position and left it at that. I was told to process and come in if I needed more questions/clarifications etc. I left feeling pretty much ok.

Tuesday: 3am, I couldn't sleep. I finally at 5am went downstairs to journal and pray. How could this be happening to me again? Was this the first step towards leaving Desert Springs? I came to the prayerful conclusion that I am a servant of the Lord, and I will serve where he calls me and where he places me with a happy heart. Even though I had this peace from the Lord, my flesh raced with negativity. It brought me back to what happened 3 years ago nearly to the day. (Long story short, I was a nursery coordinator at a church and got completely blindsided and fired. They hired a girl I had meet in NOVEMBER in my place. They knew they wanted to hire her that whole time, for two months it was planned and I had no knowledge or clue about it). So my head is going, November I left and now in January I'm "transitioning" positions to one very similar to the one I was fired from 3 years previously. All of this is going on in my head and it was just a lot to process. I went into work at 9 because there was a Family Ministry Team meeting and I wanted to be apart of it so I wasn't so behind when I started next week. It was good, I got some questions answered but not all and more questions were raised. Because it was Tuesday we got to see my brothers awesome basketball game! (Go Eagles! Biola won!). The drive my mom of course asked me how my meeting went the previous day so I had to spill the beans. My parents love me and my dad has been burned in ministry so needless to say he was concerned. The game was great, and my bro had an amazing pass (there is youtube video that I will post later). I was exhausted as I was up for 22 hours strait as we didn't get home till 12 and I was up since 3 am.

Wednesday: The shopping finally happened. At 3pm Matt and I went in to talk with my Senior Pastor and boss. We wrote out a ton of questions an points/feelings that I wanted to make sure to get across. An hour and a half later I walked out feeling 1 million times better. As hard as it is going to be transitioning into this new position and not getting to have time to say good bye to my older kids, it is what is best for me and the church. I am not being pushed out, but placed in a position that major leadership and revamping is needed.

Thursday: I wasn't feeling great, but we got some stuff done around the house and attempted to prepare it for the fact that we are going to be having a life group meeting starting next Tuesday each week in our living room. Then I got to take a long shower and spend some time getting ready because I had a hot date. My hubby and I had a gift card for a fancy restaurant and my parents were gonna watch the little man for us. It was our first date night since the baby and were were so excited! The food was amazing, and Matt and I got to connect, It was awesome. Then something not so awesome happened. Aunt flo came to visit. I'm breastfeeding and had a baby two months ago, REALLY?!?! *sigh, followed by massive cramping and fever. The fever however was from my sore throat which had been around a few days and been getting worse. Great way to end a fabulous date night right?

Friday: Me = fever. The whole day we did nothing. I tried to get better. I was hot and cold and miserable all day long. I even had to call and cancel going to my brother's big basketball game. They played the undefeated team in their league (they lost, :( but i heard it was close for a good part of it. I ended up sleeping part of the night on the couch because it was too hot in bed w/ the baby and my hubby.

Saturday: I had the baby all day by myself. I was feeling slightly better. All I really wanted was a nap. However my little man decided he wanted to be held, rocked and walked around all day. By the time I finally got him to sleep on me it was 4pm, then my dad called. Matt got home at 4:30 and we were supposed to be at my parents at 5 for dinner to celebrate my brother and my mom's bday's. It was a nice family meal and we headed home earlier than usual and were in bed by 8:30. Both exhausted and me still recovering from being sick.

Today: Church, then hang out at my parents house. My bro and his girlfriend are still here and we are just chilling and enjoying a Sunday afternoon in the desert. We had lunch outside in the beautiful 80 degree sunshine. It was awesome. I love the desert.

In all, it was an emotional week. I really am fine w/ my new position at church. It will be a good thing for me, it is just going to take some adjusting and working through the emotions. All in all Life is good and God is great.

No comments: