Thursday, December 30, 2010

Top movies of 2010

As I was casually flipping through the yahoo news updates, I saw something interesting and clicked it. It was the top movies of 2010, as I looked at them I was shocked. Almost ALL of them were family fun oriented. AMAZING! In a world where sex and violence is glorified, families spoke with their dollars this year. I just hope hollywood is listening!

The top 10 movies of 2010 are as follows:
#10 – The Karate Kid
#9 How To Train Your Dragon
#8 Shrek Forever After
#7 Despicable Me
#6 Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows
#5 Inception
#4 The Twilight Saga Eclipse Part 1
#3 Iron Man
#2 Alice in Wonderland
#1 Toy Story 3

Lets take a look at the break down of these films:
Number of animated films: 4
Number of films aimed at families (in my opinion): 6
Number of films rated R: 0
Number of movies rated PG-13:4
Number of movies rated PG: 5
Number of movies rated G: 1

The top grossing film of 2010 is an ANIMATED movie rated G! Also don't think that this was a small margin, Toy Story 3 beat out #2 by over 80 million! This is amazing, it goes to show that you don't have to put "crap" into movies for them to be entertaining or successful. Very encouraging news to me. I hope that they make more family friendly films in the future!

No comments: