Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Drifting

I feel like I'm drifting right now. I am just going through the motions of life. I get up go to work then each night after work complete what ever scheduled activities I have.
For example, Monday = birth class, Tuesday = life group, Wednesday = midweek ministry, Thursday = discipleship/mentorship time then attempting to have a date night w/ hubby. Most Friday's I'm working with an event, I have things scheduled nearly EVERY Saturday. Sunday's for me are a work day and then dinner/laundry at my parents. I am just going through these motions. Week after week after week, drifting.

I feel like I'm spinning around and not making any meaningful connections with anyone. Because of my schedule, I don't have time to hang out w/ friends. I rarely even have time to place a phone call to them. I feel all of my friendships drifting farther and farther away. To the point where there are deep things that I need to talk about, and I feel like I can't go that deep with the majority of my friends any more. Even the ones I feel that I can would be over the phone, and I'm not a fan of those types of conversations over the phone. So much is lost. I'm scared that this is going to get worse when the baby comes and my drifting will just keep going in the opposite directions of my other relationships.

That is where my head has been. My poor neglected blog. Also, I don't have pictures, because I'm lazy and I always feel bad about posting w/o pictures. I need to be better at that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Even though you're not a fan of supper deep phone convos, we've done enough to make it work :-) There's always Skype too if you're at a place where you can do it. Just know that regardless of the physical distance, I'm still here for you and would love to be there for you and help you talk out whatever. Just let me know when, Lover, and I'm there!

Ashley said...

Thanks lover! Love you always!