Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Unconditional Love

The concept of love is something I am familiar with on many different levels. For example there is my love for half baked ice cream. There is my love for my job, for my co-workers, for my friends. There is a love for my kids, even when there are 50 of them going crazy at once on a Wednesday night. Then there is a love for my family, my parents my brother. There is also my love for my husband. Each of these I love in a different way to a different level, in a different way. Then I think about the love I have and will have for my own child. How great of a love is that?

Then I think of the Father's love for me, and how He loves me always, no matter what I do, say or feel. He loves me even when I don't love Him. How great of a love is that. His love truly is deeper than the oceans and higher than the heavens. There is no bounds to His love for me, or you. How amazing it is to be loved for who I am, where I am today. That is unconditional love.

1 comment:

Stephany said...

Ah, unconditional love! I struggle with this so much, since I haven't witnessed much more than conditional love in my life. Sometimes, it's hard to fathom the depth and precision with which God loves us.

Great post!